Thursday, November 26, 2009

First Blog! Jadite

View Source

I have recently discovered Jadite. Martha Stewart made a big fuss over it a few years ago, making her own line of Jadite pieces, spawning the production of tons of reproductions, and driving the price of real Jadite up. But that's ok. I have a mix of real pieces and reproductions and they go together seamlessly. I keep hoping I'll stumble across a box of Jadite at some flea market, maybe priced insanely low because the person didn't know what they had. I'd pay what they asked for the "ugly green dishes" they'd be glad to get rid of, and giggle all the way home. So far all I've not had this luck, just the odd $50 mixing bowl or $75 canister in an antique store.




View Source


Reproduction canisters from my collection

1 comment:

  1. I love your new blog! Perhaps you could regale us with the history behind depression glass...or pictures of your new glass display in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete