Friday, November 27, 2009

It's Collectible Charlie Brown!


"I hate it when it snows on my french toast." Fire King Snoopy mug, marked 1958

That last post got me thinking about all the Snoopy and Peanuts items that Anchor Hocking Fire King produced.  Being a Snoopy/Peanuts fan, I decided to dedicate today's posting to sharing some of those items with you.  The picture below (source) shows a Snoopy and Woodstock mug, marked 1965 and bowl marked 1958.





There are a lots of these Fire King mugs.  On eBay, they go for prices from $5 to $70.  I even saw one for $300, although I am curious to see if it will sell.  The "Curse you Red Baron!" one in the bottom middle of this picture is supposedly the most valuable of the bunch.

Then there were these great Camp Snoopy glasses that McDonald's used as a promotion in 1983.




 

And last but not least, a Snoopy cookie jar, made in 1958.  I feel like I've seen this somewhere.  Maybe my Mom had one?  Hmm.





OK, I know I have deviated from the Depression Glass theme a bit, but I had to get that out of my system.  More of that next time.


1 comment:

  1. Yes, you've seen it before. I got it as a wedding gift in 1979. Lots of good cookies came through that jar!

    Great blog,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete